St. Francis Herb Farm – one of Canada’s leading herbal supplements brands for 30 years – is seeking an enthusiastic professional to champion Employee Services as the first point of contact for employees and managers for recruitment, employee programs, pay and benefit administration.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Finance & Admin., this new position will work closely with frontline managers on supporting employee training and development, programs and policies within a GMP, organic certified manufacturing environment.
- Provides general HR support and guidance for employees and management; ensures sound and legal HR practices and procedures are met
- Consults / advises on employment legislation, update policies and employee training
- Works closely with managers to review job requirements, execute the complete recruitment and selection process as part of workforce planning
- Assist establishing employee training and skills development requirements and prepare training materials and/or source external courses or online solutions.
- Prepares and presents offers of employment and conducts new hire orientation
- Collaborate with JHSC members in promoting Health and Safety practices throughout the organization
- Full cycle payroll through ADP (payroll preparation, enrolling new hires, administering pay, making adjustments when needed)
- Responsible for year-end payroll tasks
- Handle employee payroll related questions/issues
- Enroll new employees into the benefits program and provide benefit updates to employees
- Oversee time and attendance tracking
What we are looking for:
- University and/or College education, preferably in Human Resources or related business discipline
- CHRP or in pursuit of the designation is a definite asset
- Knowledge of employment laws, employee relations practices and HR disciplines
- Strong coaching, facilitation skills, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Engaging and approachable with the ability to foster a collaborative team-oriented culture
- Professional in maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Previous payroll experience with WorkForce Now ADP system (or similar)
- Must possess and maintain the highest degree of security and confidentiality of information
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize and manage time effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Qualified candidates are invited to email their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.