Immunity is a hot topic right now and many of us are doing our best to boost our immune systems in any way we can. Sleep, good nutrition, and quality supplementation are all key elements of helping to support your immune system. But when it comes to supplements the choices may seem overwhelming. For centuries, the wisdom of plant medicine and herbs has been a staple when it comes to supporting our immune system, and as multi-generation herbal experts, we have you covered.
Keeping your immune system strong and toned can be as simple as adding these 3 essentials to your daily routine:
- Deep Immune® – This family of herbal formulas cannot be beat. These formulas fortify and balance your immune defenses against cold and flu with astragalus, codonopsis, licorice and Siberian ginseng.
Available in: Deep Immune® Original, Deep Immune Licorice-Free, Deep Immune Capsules, Deep Immune Kids
- EchinAce® and Echincea Kids– A product consisting of two complementary species of echinacea to complement in building the immune system. Safe for pregnant and breastfeeding mamas.
- Vitamin D For All – Easy to take and provides 1000IUs per drop
BONUS PRODUCT – Virafect. While this is not a product for prevention, Virafect is an excellent product to always have on hand as it can and should be taken at the first sign of symptoms for any viral infection. Virafect is a specially formulated viral fighter that will shorten the duration of upper respiratory tract infections.
If you do start showing symptoms of a cold, flu, or viral infection here are some other must-haves to help you beat it:
- Stop it Cold Throat Spray – With Echinacea and Bee Propolis, our throat spray is ideal for dry, sore throats associated with colds, flu, or infections like tonsillitis
- Echinaseal – A combination of Echinacea and Goldenseal this is a powerful antimicrobial immune enhancer
- Elderberry Cough Syrup – Relieves coughs and mucous congestion with a highly effective combination of herbs, honey, and essential oils. Also available for kids.
- Respirafect – Combats lung and bronchial infections, especially when accompanied by sputum coughed up from lower airways.
- Oréganum Plus 1:1- A premier antioxidant, full of infection-fighting and anti-inflammatory compounds. Take if you're suffering from symptoms of the common cold, flu, lung disorders, sinus congestion, or bronchitis.
Have questions? Just visit our Great Questions Answered page to learn more or to submit a question.
Astragalus root is a perennial herb native to northern China and used in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Use it as an adaptogen for a healthier stress response and to support your immune system.
Codonopsis root is a milder substitute to ginseng in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Also called bonnet bellflower on account of the shape of its blossoms, codonopsis can be found throughout China and other parts of Asia. Use it as an adaptogen to boost immune system health and brain power.
Eleuthero (Siberian Ginseng)
Eleuthero root has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years. A woody shrub that hails from the forests of northeastern Asia, eleuthero is an adaptogen used to increase stamina, as a tonic, and to boost overall health.
A classic perennial shrub native to Eurasia, licorice has been used as a medicine from the beginning of recorded history. Licorice root is the most widely used herb of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Use it as an adaptogen to increase resistance to stress and to promote a healthier immune system response.
A large evergreen shrub that was originally indigenous to China but is now cultivated in other places, ligustrum grows to more than 30 feet in height. Its fruit is a longstanding and highly important mainstay of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), the first written record of its therapeutic use reaching back to the Shan Hai Jing around 800 B.C. Use it as a tonic to support the immune system and to guard against infections.
A mushroom that enjoys near mythic status in Traditional Chinese Medicine, reishi has been valued in the cultures of the East for millennia as the "king of herbs." Ming Dynasty texts describe it as a remedy that "mends the heart." Use it as an adaptogen to lower the effects of stress and to modulate immune system response.
The bright red berries of this woody climbing vine that grows in the forested regions of northeastern China, as well as Russia. Schisandra berries have a long history of use in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Use it as an adaptogen and tonic to promote endurance, lower stress, and boost your immune system.
An aromatic perennial herb that enjoys an ancient heritage in Traditional Chinese Medicine, white atractylodes grows in northern Asia in the mountain-girt valleys of China's Zheijiang province. Use it as an immune system tonic and to support overall body functions.