If you’ve ever experienced a UTI, you know how irritating, inconvenient, and painful they can be!
You’re not the only one - urinary tract infections (UTIs) are one of the most common bacterial infections, especially among women – and 30% of women with a UTI suffer a repeat occurrence within six months.
These stubborn infections can occur throughout the urinary system, most commonly in the urethra or bladder, but also in the ureters and kidneys. Women are more vulnerable to UTIs due to shorter urethras, which makes it easier for bacteria to get into the urinary system.
When the UTI-causing bacteria is treated and reduced, symptoms can subside and ideally, disappear. But smaller populations of bacteria can cling to the lining of the urinary system and flare up again given the opportunity.
Antibiotics are a common course of action in treating UTIs, but antibiotic resistance can be a concern – especially given the tendency of UTI’s to recur.
Fortunately, herbs can be powerful allies in battling symptoms of UTIs – by addressing the root of the infection as well as soothing and supporting the urinary system. UTI Clear has been formulated to do just that! This special blend harnesses the unique benefits of eight herbs in a tincture that effectively helps those suffering with a urinary tract infection or with a tendency to develop them.
UTI Clear Herbs and Their Benefits
Effective Antibacterial Action
- Golden rod sets the tone of this formula, with strong anti-inflammatory and antiseptic qualities specifically directed to the urinary tract.
- Antimicrobial juniper, yarrow and echinacea, reinforce this defense against UTI-causing bacteria.
Gentle Diuretic Effects
- Dandelion, juniper, horsetail, and goldenrod act as mild diuretics to help flush out bacteria while supporting kidney and bladder function.
Soothing Urinary Tract Support
- Marshmallow root soothes inflammation and irritated mucous membranes in the urinary system – relieving the burning pain of UTIs.
As one of our longest standing and most effective formulas, the complementary and synergistic benefits of UTI Clear’s herbal ingredients provides a natural therapeutic solution in supporting urinary health.
How to Use UTI Clear
To reduce symptoms and treat an oncoming or established urinary infection, take UTI Clear as directed: 2 ml (60 drops or just less than half a teaspoon) three times a day in a little water, on an empty stomach.
While not intended for long term use, UTI Clear also offers preventative benefits that can effectively help you to avoid future infections. For example, a woman who's UTIs are triggered by intercourse could take 1 ml (30 drops) before and after, to fend off a potential bacterial flare up and prevent a UTI from occurring.
Habits that Support Urinary Health
Precautionary lifestyle factors are also helpful in preventing the recurrence of infection.
- Be vigilant with personal care, avoiding scented soaps or bath products, and being sure to wipe “front to back” to avoid intestinal bacteria entering the urinary tract.
- Sex can sometimes trigger infections and urinating before and after intercourse can help flush potentially harmful bacteria away from the urinary tract.
- Increase water intake – aiming for 2-3 litres daily to hydrate and help flush out infection.
- Check your diet for food sensitivities, which can undermine overall immune health and make it tougher to keep infection at bay. Dairy and gluten are common culprits.
Whether you’re experiencing your first UTI, or are dreading a repeat episode of painful symptoms – the targeted blend of herbs in UTI Clear can gently and effectively help to defend and restore your urinary health.
Have questions? Just visit our Great Questions Answered page to learn more or to submit a question.
References available upon request.
UTI Clear (formerly Uritrin)
For all the brilliant yellow profusion of its flowers, dandelion is a perennial plant so common and hardy that it is considered a weed throughout the northern hemisphere. Nonetheless, it has impressive healing properties, and there's a good reason why its Latin name means "remedy for disease."
ECHINACEA ANGUSTIFOLIA: Probably the most popular and most widely known of herbal remedies, echinacea is a drought-tolerant perennial plant that can grow up to four feet in height. With immunological properties, it is native to the United States and a member of the daisy family. Its name comes from the Greek that means "hedgehog"--a reference to its spiky central disk. The medicinal compounds in the purpurea species known as alkamides are more bioavailable when in the presence of those from the angustifolia species. This is the rationale behind our EchinAce formula.
Now naturalized in North America, marshmallow is a perennial original to Europe and grows, as its name indicates, in damp, marshy places. With roots that are rich in soothing mucilage, it has been used for thousands of years as a medicinal herb.