The Stop It Cold® Throat Spray has been a fan-favorite of St. Francis Herb Farm products. It is:
- One of our bestselling remedies
- A longstanding throat spray formula of unique effectiveness
- Demonstrable antimicrobial and analgesic qualities
- Perfect for children as well as adults
- Significantly reduces symptoms accompanying sore throat
- Diminishes the intensity and duration of colds, flu, and upper respiratory infections
- With natural and herbal ingredients that are perfectly balanced and orchestrated for their healing purpose
Echinacea is the centre-piece of this well-knit, attractive formula, created to ease the inflammation and pain of sore throat that typically come with a cold. What makes it all that much more effective is that it has benefits that escalate in combination with its companion herbs. Sage, licorice, and propolis are all anti-infective. The anti-infective properties of each of these herbs are improved and reinforced by their synergistic interaction with one another.
Propolis has the added benefit of analgesia. Which is why it is useful in alleviating the pain of sore throats. Marshmallow, sweet fennel, and licorice provide a soothing demulcent dimension to this combination. Besides having soothing, infection-fighting qualities, sweet fennel and licorice both confer the benefit of good taste.
Features the following ingredients:
- Marshmallow: a demulcent herb that soothes the inflammation of mucous membranes
- Propolis: a bee product with unparalleled analgesic qualities that rival those of novocaine
- Echinacea: the classic infection-fighting herb
- Licorice: an ancient plant with antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, and antimutagenic properties, it soothes the mucous membranes of the throat and lungs and is also an adaptogen and immunomodulator
- Sweet Fennel: a great-tasting antimicrobial herb that acts as a soothing expectorant in the treatment of coughs
- Sage: the archetypal remedy for inflammations of the mouth, throat, and tonsils, according to herbalist David Hoffmann, inasmuch as it has high levels of tannins, substances that have a soothing, astringent action and an antimicrobial effect
- Whey: a colostrum-like derivative from cows with anti-infective properties (milk allergen free and great-tasting)
For more information on propolis check out our blog on How Bee Resin Enhances Health.
Have questions? Just visit our Great Questions Answered page to learn more or to submit a question.
Stop It Cold® Throat Spray
ECHINACEA ANGUSTIFOLIA: Probably the most popular and most widely known of herbal remedies, echinacea is a drought-tolerant perennial plant that can grow up to four feet in height. With immunological properties, it is native to the United States and a member of the daisy family. Its name comes from the Greek that means "hedgehog"--a reference to its spiky central disk. The medicinal compounds in the purpurea species known as alkamides are more bioavailable when in the presence of those from the angustifolia species. This is the rationale behind our EchinAce formula.
A classic perennial shrub native to Eurasia, licorice has been used as a medicine from the beginning of recorded history. Licorice root is the most widely used herb of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Use it as an adaptogen to increase resistance to stress and to promote a healthier immune system response.
Now naturalized in North America, marshmallow is a perennial original to Europe and grows, as its name indicates, in damp, marshy places. With roots that are rich in soothing mucilage, it has been used for thousands of years as a medicinal herb.
Also called bee glue, propolis is a resinous substance produced by bees to seal their hives. It has been valued from ancient times for its antiseptic and wound-healing qualities.